July 3rd, 2017 | 1st Day Self-Employed

Anli was happy to see me after our school had closed. She had cried for a whole day when she first heard the news. So this was a big surprise for her.

7:00 a.m. Early wake up call as usual. nothing surprising about that. But now I call the shots. My 1st day as a completely self employed individual. Well, alost. Now my bosses are my private students. My office, their study. 

I’m all ready to go. Yesterday I had to get a fresh oil change for the scooter. I had delayed it for about a month. Luckily I didn’t delay any longer as the mechanic said it had almost run dry. Whoa that was close. Anyhow got a fresh can of oil poured in and had my rear tire changed. The tread had completely wore down. It was bald. If it had rained again while I was riding then things may of gotten a little slippery. SO I forked out 900NT to get a brand new tire put on. That should be good for at least another 6 months or so.

It got a little too warm for me yesterday. 33 degrees.  I couldn’t sit down at the computer and do my thing without breaking out in a sweat. My wife had taken the only remaining fan for herself as she tapped away on her laptop in another part of the living room and Alexander played on his play mat with his own floor fan. I was without one. It wouldn’t do. So off to Carrefour I went. I just needed a small desk fan to keep the airflow over me. I found something pretty close to what I was hoping for and the price wasn’t too bad. I could clip it onto my desk and point in down toward me as I worked. And it ran on a USB connection and had a rechargeable battery for independent operation. It will get me by.

Skyped Mum and Dad at about noon. No dramas over there in the land of OZ except for something that happened with my younger brother last friday. He and his partner are foster parents. They have a little baby girl at the moment they are looking after who had caught a bit of a fever. So much so that it knocked the girl out. My brother, who is trained in CPR had to do mouth to mouth and heart massage on the child as she stopped breathing. Oh my what a scary situation. Some coughting and crying followed and the little girl was revived. An ambulanced turned up and took them off to the local hosiptal. She was checked out that evening. But my brother and family didn’t sleep  well for a couple of days after that worrying about the kid. Scary to think how fragile life can be.. Humans like to think that we are all mighty and strong. But in actual fact we are rather fragile creatures.

12:00 p.m. Set off to Tainan. Clear blue sky. Today my 1st student is Anli. I will be teaching her on the 3rd floor of her fathers Dental Clinic. Two floors are for the clinic. The 3rd is a private floor for relaxtion. The most important thing. Its got airconditioning! Yay!

12:15 p.m. On the way to Tainan I dropped by the post office to weigh a new box I want to send EDGAR in. It’s a flat pack type of box, similar in size to say a cheese cake box. All of EDGARs components fit neatly inside, so I thought it would be a better alternative to the post office’s larger cubical shaped ones. Plus its a lot cheaper. 10 flat pack boxes for 100NT. 1 post office box is 80NT. Doesnt take much to see the cost savings. And it’s a generic box, so I can put my business labels on it making it look more professional. Anyhow the postage rates were the same. Great. So I will use my new flat pack box instead.

2:00 p.m. Arrived in Tainan a little early. So waited in a nearby 7-11 to cool down and had a some ice milk coffee. While I was standing there sipping my coffee a girl rushed into the store wearing a wedding gown and makeup. She grabbed some drinks, while holding up her dress so it didnt touch the floor and quickly dashed back to the car. I presume it was the groom driving. They were probably taking a break from a prewedding photoshoot. Hmm. Lazy future husband. Make the bride do.it? Wake up honey that’s a glimpse of your future. Lol.

2:30 p.m. Arrived at the dental clinic of Anli’s father. As I’ve been here before on a few dental visits it was easy to find and I’m familiar with the 1st floor. But it was a surprise as Anli and her dad greeted me and took me up to the second and third floor to see how big the building was. Many buildings in Taiwan look small on the outside, but usually the opposite inside. They have a good ability on how to utilize space.

4:15 p.m. Finished Anli’s class and headed back to Tainan. On the way I stopped by the electronics wholesaler and picked up some prototyping boards and ultrasonic sensors. I’ve started developing EDGAR Type 2. It’s for an upgrade to make the robot more visually appealing to buyers. 

6:00 p.m. Arrived in Koahsiung. Feeling a bit tired. Glad to get home.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s