11th July, 2017 | Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology.

Artificial joint replacement: Mission accomplished!

Kaohsiung, Taiwan.


2:35 a.m. I can’t sleep that much. Mostly due to environmental factors, not because of discomfort. Although there is a little. I’m still in ER so it’s full of activity. Heart monitors.bleeping, walkie talkies crackling, Phones ringing, nurses pushing trolleys, doctors consulting. Yes, it’s busy.

I will suppose in about 8 hours I’ll be knocked out by anesthesia, not knowing a thing. And thats ok. It will be the following days of pain management I will need to deal with. But it will only be temporary, so it’s ok.

5:00 a.m. Had a bit of a sleep. The ER now is rather quiet. Thank goodness. A few nurses at their stations checking email or online social networks. The only reason I woke was because of the call of nature. Ha. Going back to sleep now.

5:40 a.m. Nurse took my blood pressure. Everything normal.

6:30 am. I heard a child singing Old McDonald had a farm. At 1st I thought it was Alexander. My spirits jumped in excitement. But Alas it wasn’t him. Getting rather hungry now.

11:45 a.m. After a few hours of tedious waiting it was time to get moving. I was given some operation room clothing. Chia was also given some consent papers to sign.

12:00 p.m. An I.V drip of Sodium Chloride was started. Which I was excited about.

12:45 p.m. I received a message from my younger brother that 4 items have been purchased on Ebay. Had to ask him to deal with the buyer for me. I was feeling too tired to focus on E
Bay. I also realized I had to put the order together from a hospital bed. It would have to be done tomorrow morning as tonight I would ne too out.

1:30 p.m. By this time I felt irritable. This had been a long enough for me.

Then suddenly an orderly arrived with a wheelchair. I was going to the theatre on the second floor.

2:00 p.m. I was now laying on the operating table. It was relaxing to be finally here. I stared up at the cluster of lights above me as staff adjusted my body and did their preparations. The staff also were playing some modern pop music and laughing and joking. It was a very calming atmosphere.

The  anesthetist stepped and told me ” I’m going to put you to sleep now. When you wake up you will be in the recovery ward . Take it easy, have a good sleep.”

A nurse placed a breathing mask on my face while the anesthetist injected his cocktail into my I.V line. I started counting to myself. I got to 16 and then snap, I was out.

4:00 p.m. I woke to the sounds of Chias voice and a nurse. It was done. It had felt like a couple of seconds and there was no pain. Fantastic. Chia gave me a can of vanilla Ensure to drink. That tasted like the best Ensure drink ever. Ha.

6:00 p.m. Chia went home to take care of Alexander. She said if things are good tomorrow morning they will most likely discharge me by noon. Awesome because I needed to prepare that EBay order and send it.

9:00 p.m. Time to sleep. Goodnight.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s