July 17th, 2017

On the local train heading to Tainan.

Kaohsiung. Taiwan.


7:00 a.m. Ensure followed by medication is the beginning of the daily routine for the next few weeks. Then a few hours watching Alexander, which isn’t too difficult. The next thing is setting off to work for Anli’s class. Which Im missed last week due to the scooter accident.

Last night before I went to sleep I received a message on my Ebay application. A new order for Kit No.1. That’s great. And luckily I had just finished preparing one. The trick is getting to the post office on the way to work. Now I’m without my motor scooter it will take some extra time. The weather right now isn’t particularly welcoming for walkers either. It started raining yesterday while I was on my Skype call to mum and dad and hasn’t stopped since. Very wet. So today is going to be interesting.

12:15 p.m. Headed off to the train station using my newly acquired kick scooter. After a few shaky minutes I was getting along not too bad. But the heat factor was my enemy. Mid day summer sun beating down while riding a kick scooter equals a lot of perspiration. It was a bit exhausting. By the time I reached the post office I was beat.

12:45 p.m. Posted Kit No.1 order from last night. Then set of to the MRT.

1:30 p.m. Boarded a local train to Tainan. It was nice to sit the airconditioned carriage. My scooter folded up and stored easily. Time for a nap.

My new kick scooter, folded and laying conveniently in a corner of the train carriage.

2:00 p.m. Arrived in  Tainan and went on the kick scooter to Anli’s class.

2:30 p.m. anli private class. When I first stepped into the dental clinic of Anlis father, Anli looked up at me and stood there staring in what seemed disbelief. I think she was bewildered by the cast on my arm. I guess she didn’t know I had been in a serious traffic accident this time last week. Which was a good thing. When my school first announced its closure, Anli cried an entire night so I was told. But was happy again when she was told she would have home classes. So I am sure it would have been devastating news to her last week if she would have been told the reality of the monent. Anyhow I smiled at her and strolled past” It’s just a scratch” I laughed and she followed me up the stars to the study room with a happy stride.

4:00 p.m. After our English language class I bought a surprise for Anli. One of the projects from my Kit No.2. Today she would build a 10 second timer.

Anli tests out her electronic project.

5:00 p.m. Departed Anli and scootered to Tainan train station. It only took about 5 to 8 minutes kick scooting back to the station. Got my local train ticket and was on a 5:3o p.m. train back to Kaohsiung.

6:45 p.m. Arrived at Kaohsiung station and scootered across to the electronics store which was about 3 blocks away. While I was teaching Anli I received an ebay order for 3 of my project books. Great! So it was a reminder to stock up on some components.

7:50 p.m. Arrived home. Exhausted. Time for a cold beer.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s