July 26th, 2017 | Dem Bones

I rarely eat McDonald’s but I will stop for an icecream.

Wednesday. Kaohsiung, Taiwan.

12:00 p.m. Boarded the local train to Tainan from Zuoying Station.

Didn’t sleep very well last night. Yesterday afternoon Alex and myself picked up somekind of stomach bug. We were both vomiting all afternoon. It was terrible. Chia took Alex to the Clinic. I had to just put up with it because I couldn’t find my health Insurance card. So I couldn’t see a doctor.

I stuck to drinking water, and even that was tricky to hold down. I had to also do the laundry as Alex had wet all the bedding and my clothes. At the laundromat the heat got to me and I was sick again. Oh my goodness what a terrible evening. By 3am my stomach seemed to have settled down. But was feeling rather restless for the rest of those hours.

By 8 ka.m. I seemed to be okay. Chia and Alex were asleep in his room. She won’t be going to work today obviously.

12:45 p.m. Arrived in Tainan. I’m early today. But that’s okay. I want to take it slow and easy.

12:53 p.m. I have had a craving for ice cream all morning, perhaps because I feel low on energy. So I stopped by a McDonald’s store near the Tainan train station and got a McFlurry. Which is vanilla icecream mixed with a broken up Oreo cookie. Well that felt much better anyway.

Anli made some DIY icecream this morning. I had the pleasure of having some.

2:30 p.m. Anli class. Anli surprised me today with a DIY icecream she made this morning. What a great student. She obviously read my mind about craving ice cream. What a coincidence!

4:44 p.m. Departed Anli’s class and found myself Stuck under some shops at the Fucian road round-a-about as I wait ed out a sudden deluge of rain.

5:15 p.m. Express Train to Kaohsiung.

6:30 p.m. Arrived home to learn Alex had spent the day in hospital. He was dehydrated by the vomiting saga last night. He’s home now, but is limited to what he can eat or drink until his stomach and intestinal organs settle back to normal.

Alex spent the day in the children’s hospital.

7:15 p.m. Yuan General Hospital check up for my wrist surgery. Dr. Huang Cheng-Tsung. Orthopedics. Had xrays of my wrist. The doctor (who had performed the operation) said it looks like its healing well but I need to make sure I rest my arm with my palms facing upward so my forearm bones and wrist set in the correct natural position. If not he will need to put me to sleep and manually correct my arm. I dont want to go to theatre again so YES SIR!

I will need to return to the doctor for another checkup on the 8th of August.

7:30 p.m. Head back home. Another day of drama comes to a closure.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s