August 7th, 2017 | Kinder Surprise

Bumble Bee is almost complete. (That yellow box on my work bench).

Kaohsiung, Taiwan.

Monday. Clear skies. 28C.

7:20 a.m. I was taken by surprise this morning. Today Alexander goes to Kindergarten. A unilateral decision had been made and I forked out the last of my dough to a smiling receptionist at the local kindergarten.

It was quick. When I woke an assortment of bags and items were packed and on the living room table along with a note from Chia which read: “Take Alex to the Kindergarten with Dad. It opens 7:30 am. Please give them $500 bucks.” And that was that. So as soon as my father-in-law was awake we took Alex to kindergarten. It was a bit sad actually. Alex was walking happy along with his dad and granddad holding a blue balloon he had grabbed from home. It was like our daily walk to Carrefour. But within a minute or so we were at the doors to the kindergarten, there was a brief chat between the teacher and father-in-law (I think about collection time as it was in Taiwanese) and then Alex was taken inside and we had to leave so not to cause too much fuss. Alex looked a little bewildered. And a few seconds after we walked away we heard his crying. Poor kid. Something they all and we all have to experience. That first day.

8:30 am After breakfast I felt a little lonely. It’s been a routine with Alexander every morning till afternoon for the past 6 months. Now it’s quiet, an empty nest. So the only thing was to work on my Bumblebee device. Later I will go to the post office and send an electronics order while on my way to Tainan for Anli’s Monday afternoon Class.

12:00 p.m. Just completed all the main circuit board soldering of my brain wave device. Tested it for continuity and it all seems good.  I will try to do the case wiring tonight and perhaps have a functional box by tomorrow. My only real problem with this device are the electrodes. I have tried making them, but I really haven’t got the appropriate material for the actual sticky pads. So I bought a set of medical electrodes which were too expensive for my purpose. You get 4 reusable electrodes for $250NT. They cost more than the device itself. A bit ridiculous. I will have to try to source much cheaper ones if I go down the prefabricated route.

12:30 p.m. General post office. Sent a Kit No 3 to Western Australia. Kit No 3 is only a recent Kit I developed but have sold 4 already, so that’s great. Time, it all takes time.

1:15 p.m. After travelling via the underground MRT train I caught an express train to Tainan from Zuoying station.

1:45 p.m. Arrived in Tainan. It’s rather hot and humid here today. My class with Anli is at 3p.m. I changed it from 2:30pm to 3pm to give me a bit more time as I am walking. And while I had some flexible extra walk time I decided to seek out if there were any electronic component stores along the computer street, which like Kaohsiung isn’t far from the train station.

2:00 p.m. Located a small components store about 500 meters south of the Tainan train station.  Basically between the train station and Anli’s dad’s Clinic. Convenient. It’s a shoebox size store but it was stocked full of most of the things I use to make my kits. Actually some components were cheaper. Interesting. Only drawback was they didn’t stock some ICs (Integrated circuits or “chips”) I use. However this little store will come in handy I’m sure in future.

3:00 p.m. Anli private class. The air conditioning was up high in Anli’s fathers dental Clinic. It was so refreshing to step in from the hot Tainan afternoon streets to the crispy cool clinic. Ah lovely.

5:45 p.m. Local train to Kaohsiung.

6:00 p.m. Received an email from Mum that some Ebay sales cash has been transferred from Australia. Excellent. I will pick up that handy loot tomorrow morning after I drop Alexander into kindergarten. Nice. I will also use the free time to try and find some cheap medical electrodes for Bumble Bee.

6:30 p.m. While still travelling on the train I had a text conversation with a friends cousin, who lives in Taipei called Cedric. Cedric is coming down to Kaohsiung next weekend. He has had an online trading business for 3 years now. He is interested in helping me out with mine and giving some guidance. Apparently he can teach me how to source and import components I need for my electronics business directly from China factories (dirt cheap). Now that is going to be some interesting information. I would also like to know how to establish a registered Taiwanese electronics company, so I can protect my trading name and trademark my logo. That will enable me to issue and assign official part numbers to my kits and robot devices like EDGAR and gadgets like Bumblebee.  Ebay gives more promotion power to sellers who have products with searchable universal part numbers (like you would see on a barcode) Anyway I will meet Cedric on Saturday night. Great.

7:00 p.m. Arrived home. Alex was already in bed. Must have been a big day for him.

8:00 pm. Spent the evening soldering the case of my Bumble Bee gadget. I didn’t finish it all, I will do the rest tomorrow. I’m feeling a bit too tired to think and concentrate on it and don’t want to make a mistake. So, time to take a break and relax. Over and Out!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s