November 20th, 2017

My student Ariel gave me a gift. Cows tongue cake. (not really cow tongue).

8:00 a.m. Dropped Alexander off at Kindergarten then headed to the line at the post office. I have two orders from the weekend to send. Two Bumble Bee units to the united States.

9:30 a.m. Arrived back home and continued building some more units. But that didn’t last very long. Had to get some sleep before I leave at 12:30 p.m.  Monday is always a long stretch of a work day, I have Ariel’s class at 2:30 and then Murphy and Hedy’s at 6 p.m. Be home by 10:30 p.m. So need sleep.

10:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Nap then quick-lunch.

12:00 p.m. jumped on the scooter and headed to Tainan. A lot cooler today. Had to wear a t-shirt under my polo shirt, jeans and a jacket. Probably a bit of overkill in clothing at the moment, but tonight when I return home I will want it.

2:30 p.m. Ariels’s Class. Didnt see her last week as she had to go and visit her grandfather who needed an eye operation. Starting to lose his vision. She had returned from the trip up to northern Taiwan with some specialty cakes of that area. Cakes that were like flakey pasty but inside a semi-sweet filling and shaped a bit like a cows tongue. Which actually was ts name. Cows tongue cookies. Weird. But delicious.

6:00 p.m. Hedy and Murphy’s Class. Hedy asked to be first tonight for her lesson, instead of her brother. Which was unusual as the both normally played “Paper Scissors Stone” as to who is first. Turns out that Hedy has a reading assignment next Monday. So she needs to practice reading her story book.

8:15 p.m. Finished Murphy class and was about to jump on my scooter when I received a new order from the UNited Kingdom. A new Bumble Bee had just sold. Excellent.

Had to push my scooter 2 kilometers to a repair shop.

9:30 pm.m Uh-Oh. Bugger. Was halfway back to Kaohsiung when suddenly the scooter made a loud crunching noise. The engine was going but the drive wheel had gone dead. It sounded like the drive chain had snapped. I had to get off and push the scooter about 2 kilometers down the road. I was in the middle of nowhere, again. Finally made it to a repair shop in the next township and luckily enough it was still open. They pulled off the side engine covers and sure enough I was right. The chain had snapped and done some damage to the inner workings. 

The guts of my scooters chain and drive wheel area destroyed. BUGGER!

DAMN. I was going to cost 2700 NT in repairs. But I didn’t have the cash on me, so had to leave it with them and will go back Wednesday afternoon to pick it up after Anli’s class. That is a bit annoying. This week I was planning to get myself a nice soldering station to replace the useless and uncontrollable cheap soldering iron I am using at the moment. But it seems now that plan has gone up in a puff of smoke with the scooter breaking down. I must get the scooter repaired first or I’m up a creek without a paddle as they say.

10:15 p.m. Arrived at Gangshan train station, which was the next train station along the highway from where I had broken down. I jumped on to head back to Kaohsiung.

10:45 p.m. Chia was waiting at the Kaohsiung train station to pick me up and take my sorry ass back home. HA.

11:45 pm. Time to call it a day. Goodnight.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s